- When it comes to ACANA® food for dogs, every ingredient matters. That’s why our Adult Small Breed Recipe is thoughtfully crafted to nurture your small dog from start to finish. Rich with 60%*quality animal ingredients like fresh Canadian chicken and raw flounder balanced with 40% fruit, vegetables & botanicals, this recipe provides the protein and nutrition your small breed dog needs. With quality animal ingredients balanced with fruit, vegetables and botanicals delivered daily, every meal of ACANA Adult Small Breed Recipe is like it came from the farmer’s market. Benefits
*Approximate and derived from the unprocessed state of the ingredients. **Produced in a facility that also processes grains.
- 1st ingredient is fresh Canadian chicken. Our fresh ingredients use refrigeration as the sole method of preservation and our raw ingredients are frozen at their peak freshness.
- Includes 31%1 protein to provide energy for your small breed puppy.
- Features a smaller kibble size.
- Contains no grain ingredients**.
- Proudly crafted in Canada.
- This recipe has a new look!
Breed Size: All Breeds
Life Stage: All Stages
Special Diet: By-Product Free, Grain-Free
Protein: Chicken, Turkey, Herring
Size: 240g, 2kg, 6kg
Made In: Canada
- Rated 5 Stars from Dog Food Advisor. More about the review here.
- This only serves as a reference to help our dog community make a more informed decision. It does not necessarily reflect the views of Good Dog People™
ADD TO CART now to enjoy FREESHIPPING, RETURNS & BEST PRICE GUARANTEE. T&Cs apply. Or get inspired by meeting like-minded people from our DOG SMART COMMUNITY today.
Fresh chicken (16%), chicken meal (15%), whole red lentils, whole green peas, whole chickpeas, turkey meal (4.5%), chicken fat (4%), fresh chicken giblets (liver, heart) (4%), herring meal (4%), eggs (4%), raw flounder (4%), fish oil (4%), whole green lentils, whole yellow peas, pea fibre, pea starch, raw turkey liver (0.5%), salt, dried kelp, fresh whole pumpkin, fresh whole butternut squash, fresh whole carrots, fresh whole apples, fresh whole pears, fresh whole zucchini, dried chicory root, fresh kale, fresh spinach, fresh turnip greens, fresh beet greens, fresh whole cranberries, fresh whole blueberries, fresh whole saskatoon berries, turmeric, milk thistle, burdock root, lavender, marshmallow root, rosehips
ADDITIVES (per kg) Technological additives: With antioxidants. Nutritional additives: Choline chloride: 700 mg, 3b606 (Zinc: 75 mg), 3b406 (Copper (II): 11mg), Vitamin B1: 25mg, Vitamin B5: 8 mg, Vitamin B6: 7.5mg, Vitamin A: 1875 IU, Vitamin D: 250 IU, Vitamin E: 115 IU. Zootechnical additives: 4b1707 Enterococcus faecium NCIMB 10415 2.2x10^6 CFU.
ACANA ADULT SMALL BREED is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the FEDIAF Dog Food Nutrient Profiles for Adult Maintenance. | | Metabolizable Energy is 3510 kcal/kg (421 kcal per 250ml/120g cup), with 31% from protein, 28% from carbohydrates, and 41% from fat.
Crude protein (min.) 31%
Fat content (min.) 17%
Crude fibre (max.) 5%
Crude ash (max.) 7%
Moisture (max.) 12%
Calcium (min.) 1.4%
Phosphorus (min.) 1.1%
Omega-3 fatty acids (min.) 1%
Omega-6 fatty acids (min.) 2.6%
DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) (min.) 0.3%
EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) (min.) 0.3%
Glucosamine* (min.) 800mg/kg
WHY HAVE YOU UPDATED THE PACKAGING?
Our new packaging makes it very easy for Pet Lovers to find the information that is important to them. The look is cleaner, with our Go Beyond commitments featured on the back of the packaging. A call out to the benefits of rotational feeding encourages Pet Lovers to provide variety for their dogs, and it’s also very easy to find the ingredients, Guaranteed Analysis and a feeding guide.
WILL I NEED TO TRANSITION TO THE NEW RECIPES?
As these recipes are new formulas, dogs who are currently on ACANA will be okay with a short transition of 50/50 for a day or two. Dogs that are particularly sensitive, or new to ACANA may benefit from a longer transition onto the new formulas. We recommend starting with 25% of the new ACANA diet with 75% of the previous diet, and gradually increasing the new diet over the course of a week.
Each dog is unique and feeding amounts will vary with age and activity. Please use this chart as an initial guide and adjust amounts accordingly. Feed twice daily and always provide your dog with fresh, clean water.
|Weight of Dog
The presentation, packaging, size and measurements of this product are subject to change by the manufacturer without notice. While images and descriptions listed are only meant to be guidelines, the integrity of the product shall remain the same.