Nothing beats a tasty treat homemade with love! If you’ve got a little time to spare, why not treat your favourite furry friend to some home-cooked dog treats this week? It’ll be well worth it to see your pup feasting on your hard work.
Let’s take a look at 3 of the easier dog treats you can try making at home now!
#1 Easy Frozen Apple Dog Treats
Novice cooks don’t fret! These tasty no bake dog treats are super easy to make and are great to break out for a hot day or after a long walk. Plus, apples are great for dogs since they’re packed full of fiber, vitamin A and vitamin C.
- 2 Apples
- 1 Cup Greek Nonfat Plain Yogurt
- Slice 2 apples into small pieces
- Remove all seeds and the core
- Mix apple slices, yogurt and some water and blend
- Pour mixture into ice cube tray and freeze till hard
Want to get the same vitamins and nutrients but without the hassle? Good Dog People offers a great range of supplements and booster. Try Kin+Kind’s Raw VitaBoost Dog Supplements for maximum enjoyment and benefits.
#2 Cheesy Bone Dog Treats
If your dog likes savoury over sweet, these cheesy dog treats are sure to delight! They take a little bit of time, but these dog treat recipes are great for hungry pups.
- 4 cups of flour
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup of oil
- 1 ⅓ cups of water
- Combine flour and cheese
- Stir in oil and water
- Roll into a ⅜ inch thick sheet
- Cut with bone shaped cutter
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet
- Bake at 150°C until dry
Prefer to spend those extra time snuggling your pup instead? Get The Barkery Cheezies Cheese Biscuits Dog Treats for 100% tastiness!
#3 Peanut Butter Sandwiches
If you’re going out on a picnic, why not make some peanut butter dog treats for your pup too? These delicious snacks are great for any pup that’s been a good boy or girl!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter (all-natural or organic)
- 1 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups white flour
- peanut butter, for serving
Preheat oven to 180°C
- In a large bowl combine oil, peanut butter and water.
- Add both types of flour, and work the dough together.
- Wrap in plastic and leave it for around 30 minutes.
- Knead dough into a firm ball and roll to 1⁄4 inch thickness.
- Use a small glass or cookie cutter and cut out small circles.
- Place on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet.
- Press them lightly into mixture.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Store in a jar with a tight lid.
- When your dog has been good, sandwich a little peanut butter between two cookies and serve.
If you’re looking for a great doggy peanut butter option, The Barkery makes all-natural organic Peanut Butter for dogs that’s perfect for this recipe! If the kitchen isn’t your forte, get the Himalayan Pet Supply yakyPUFF Peanut Butter Flavor Dog Treats.
These treats are easy to make and are a great starting point for making delicious home-made treats for your pup. Of course, there’s no shame in filling up your puppy pantry with tasty treats you buy online! Just make sure to check your dog’s dietary requirements and remember, everything in moderation!
We’re so glad you’re here! As Singapore’s Better Pet Store, we care for the well-being of our dogs just as we would with our loved ones. GDP supports ethical and responsible dog ownership and you can be assured that all the products featured on our online store are responsible products. You may check out our Academy to learn more about various interesting topics that might guide you to becoming an even better dog owner for your furry friend. If products listed below are 'out of stock', that means they are super popular, but before you get disappointed, check out the drop down bar to discover other flavours or sizes.
Tammi writes articles about anything from data analytics to animal health, and loves doing the occasional craft. But most importantly, she loves hanging out and doing photo-shoots with her dog.