Timberwolf, as its name suggests, produces food that simulates a 'wild and natural' diet to best enrich your dog's health. Believing that dogs are descendants from wolves, Timberwolf dog food has a high composition of meat, kelp and seaweed, and other greeens, seeds and nuts.
- Contains elk and organs, fresh seeds, salmon and cold water fish, sunflower oils, apples, blueberries and cranberries, vegetables, dried organic kelp and probiotics that are used to assist in digestion
- Ideal for management of canine obesity
- Grains replaced with a heart-healthy blend of fruits, vegetables & organic kelp, ideal to clear up dermatologic and other conditions caused by adverse food reactions or the buildup of toxins
- Contains relatively high levels of a special low ash high protein (8%/70%) which may also be used for the feeding of canines that require a hypoallergenic diet
- High levels of linolenic acid, or omega 3 essential fatty acids including EPA and DHA which benefits the heart and circulatory system by promoting healthy blood triglycerides and blood flow. Also plays a role in the natural body movement of joints and can be beneficial to joint pain and inflammation
- Proprietary blend of herbal extracts balances the flavor and higher levels of mixed tocopherols along with vitamin E are able to preserve the high levels of omega 3s
Breed Size: All Breeds
Life Stage: All Stages
Special Diet: By-Product Free, Grain Free
Size: 3lb / 24lb
Made In: Canada
- Rated 5 Stars from Dog Food Advisor. More about the review here.
- This only serves as a reference to help our dog community make a more informed decision. It does not necessarily reflect the views of Good Dog People™
ADD TO CART now to enjoy FREESHIPPING, RETURNS & BEST PRICE GUARANTEE. T&Cs apply. Or get inspired by meeting like-minded people from our DOG SMART COMMUNITY today.
This unique formula is highly regarded for clearing up dermatologic and other conditions caused by adverse food reactions or the buildup of toxins. Timberwolf Legends Wilderness™ Elk has high levels of omega 3 essential fatty acids, from wild salmon oil including EPA and DHA and may also be consumed by canines requiring a more moderate protein proportions. Research suggests that a high ratio of omega 3 to omega 6 essential fatty acids (greater than 1 to 6 omega 3 to omega 6) may lower the incidence of cancer and may even help animals with cancer live longer than they would otherwise. EPA benefits the heart and circulatory system by promoting healthy blood triglycerides and blood flow and also plays a role in the natural body movement of joints and can therefore be beneficial to joint pain and inflammation. DHA is the most highly unsaturated fatty acid found in nature. DHA supports normal mental function, optimal memory, focus and learning. Wilderness Elk™ Formula contains elk and organs, fresh seeds, salmon and cold water fish, sunflower oils, apples, blueberries and cranberries, vegetables, dried organic kelp and probiotics that are used to assist in digestion. Chosen most often for the management of canine obesity.
Elk,Salmon,SprayDriedSalmon,SweetPotatoes,Herring,SalmonOil,Pumpkin,GreenPeas,Flaxseed,SunflowerOil,DriedOrganic Kelp, Dried Saccharomyces Cerevisiae, Herring Oil, Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Red Delicious Apples, Blueberries, Blackberries, Cranberries, Dried Figs, Thyme, Ground Cinnamon, Sunflower Seeds, Whole Carrots, Dried Celery, Dried Beets, Dried Parsley, Dried Watercress, Dried Spinach, Tomatoes Lecithin, Choline Chloride, Minerals: [Zinc Amino Acid Complex, Iron Amino Acid Complex, Manganese Amino Acid Complex, Calcium Pantothenate, Potassium Iodide, Sodium Selenite], Vitamins: [Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin A Acetate, Niacin (A Source Of Vitamin B3), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Riboflavin (A Source Of Vitamin B2), Folic Acid, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (A Source Of Vitamin B6), Thiamine Hydrochloride (A Source Of Vitamin B1), Biotin (A Source Of Vitamin B7), Citric Acid (A Source Of Vitamin C), Mixed Tocopherols (A Source Of Vitamin E and A Natural Preservative)], Prebiotics: [Chicory Root (Inulin)], Probiotics: [Dried Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus Casei Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus Lactis Fermentation Product, Dried Bacillus Subtillus Fermentation Product], Papain, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Beta-Carotene, Fructooligosaccharides, Taurine, L-Carnitine, DL-Methionine, Rosemary Extract (A Natural Preservative).
Crude Protein: 34.0%
Crude Fat: 17.0%
Omega-6 Fatty Acids: 3.67%
Omega-3 Fatty Acids: 1.47%
Vitamin A: 29400 IU/kg
Vitamin D: 3150 IU/kg
Vitamin E: 420 IU/kg
5-15 lbs: 1/4 to 3/4 cup
15-30 lbs: 3/4 to 1-3/4 cup
31-50 lbs: 1-1/4 to 2-3/4 cup
51-80 lbs: 2 to 4-1/4 cup
81-100 lbs: 3-1/4 to 5-1/4 cup
100+ lbs: 4-1/4 to 8 cup
Timberwolf pet foods meet AAFCO (Association of American Feed Control Officials) nutrient profiles. They include no BHA, BHT, ethoxyquin or dyes, instead using natural preservatives and special foil barrier packaging to maintain freshness.